There are 7 stages in the normal water purification process.
- Raw water input – provided from any potable water source, whether from municipal systems (city tap water) or private wells.
- Carbon pretreatment – filters raw water to significantly reduce suspended particles and volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), trihalomethanes, chlorine, chloroform, chlorinated hydrocarbons, herbicides, etc.
- Steam distillation – is the one water treatment technology that most effectively reduces the widest range of both biological and inorganic drinking water contaminants. Raw water is heated to 100°C (212°F) killing biological impurities including cryptosporidium and giardia that may be present.
Steam then rises leaving inorganic elements behind in the boiler tanks.
This process guarantees the effective removal of many unwanted contaminants including bacteria, cysts, viruses, protozoan parasites, arsenic, fluoride, lead, heavy metals, mercury, nitrates, radium and sodium.
- Vent system to burn off VOC’s – allows low boiling light gases to be discharged, permitting the release of any residual VOC’s such as chlorine, chloroform, certain pesticides and herbicides.
- Distillate condensing system – continuously cools steam and maintains water purity. Unlike aluminum, this stainless steel condenser is on-leaching for pure water assurance.
- Carbon post treatment – is an optional organic coconut shell carbon filter that enhances taste and purity by adsorption, aeration and degasification of any remaining VOC’s that carry over with the distillate.
- Purified water – for drinking and cooking is collected and stored in the stainless steel reservoir.
The benefits of water purification are clear. Water distillers provide consistent purity, gallon after gallon, year in and year out. The purity of your drinking and cooking water is guaranteed when you make 100% steam distilled water with a quality home water systems water distiller.
Water Purification Systems
Water Distillers: As noted in the 7 stage water purification process above, steam distillers remove 99.99% of contaminants.
Reverse Osmosis: Reverse Osmosis purifies water by pushing tap water under pressure through a semi-permeable membrane. Similar to a screen door that allows air to move freely, but insects or bugs cannot. Water passes through the membrane but leaves behind anything that shouldn’t be in the water. We recommend a 5 stage reverse osmosis water purification system.
Water Softeners: Water that arrives at your home is generally considered to be “hard” water. That is, it contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium. While our state of the art water softener systems remove these minerals, the water isn’t considered purified, but rather “softened” or as we refer to it as… “conditioned water.” A water softener is your home’s first line of defense against plumbing damage and the device that protects and extends the life of all your other water appliances. A water softener saves you money every day.